Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Splendor in the Grass"


Aww! I just have to say how much I LOVE this movie. Although it may be controversial even today, I still love the truth in it and Natalie Wood's performance. Natalie Wood is absolutely stunning and I was brought to tears on more than one occasion. I find myself understanding this movie more and more the older I get; the last time I watched this movie I was 19 or 20..? If you haven't seen it and you enjoy classic movies, check it out!


"...What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;..."

-William Wordsworth


What are your favorite classic movies? I've been really into older movies lately and am running out of good ones. I'm a sucker for romance and drama!

2 comments:

Cheree said...

...I've never even heard of that one...I'm ashamed to say! I'm a sucker for Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. Here are a few of my favorites: "Wait Until Dark," "Charade," "Holiday", "The Philadelphia Story", "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "Love in the Afternoon", "Sabrina", "Roman Holiday". Pass on more of suggestions too!

Kristin said...

I don't remember this one, but I know I saw it a hundred years ago. I love old movies! Some favorites are Charade and Sabrina.