Monday, January 28, 2008

Welcome home, President Hinckley...




I was stunned last night when I heard that President Gordon B. Hinckley had passed away. He was 97 years old but he always seemed SO young and vivacious! I always loved the twinkle in his eye that was obvious even through the TV. I guess I almost had the idea that he would live forever with us on earth. As a friend of mine similarly felt, he was an amazing,solid, loving example that guided my generation through childhood to adulthood among other things. His life is a life truly inspiring. I will miss him dearly but am considerably consoled when I think of the amazing welcoming he recieved! Heaven has called back one more amazing spirit. Much love to you, President Hinckley!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I know, it's weird though, I haven't cried, and I don't really feel like he's gone... I cried with President Faust died, but I think Sister Hinckley is so happy right now, it's hard to be sad for me. We'll sure miss him, though.