Thursday, March 6, 2008

I love recipezaar.com!

I had been in a cooking funk since before I had my second child in December. I hated looking thru my cookbooks that had complicated recipes that took too much time and called for ingredients I didn't have when I just wanted something tasty and easy but different. I found this site last week when I was looking for a sweet bacon spaghetti recipe. Maybe this is old news for you but I feel like I've been bit with a sneaky, little, domesticated bug! I have since visited this site everyday to try new recipes for dinner and etc. Last night I tried the recipe below and we LOVED it! SOOOO easy and very tasty! I'm actually excited to cook again!

Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese...yum!
Recipe #89204 | 4 hours | 3 min prep | SERVES 4 (Change Servings)
Change to: Servings US Metric
(413) RATE IT NOW READ REVIEWS
Ask me about this recipe

RECIPE BY: Jen Santiago

I love this recipe for two reasons...one...my family loves it and two because it is so easy to make! I got this recipe from my sister and she has two children of her own..they love it too! Its also the best leftovers in the world..if there are any!

4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 (15 1/2 ounce)can black beans
1 (15 ounce)can corn
1 (15 ounce)jar salsa , any kind
1 (8 ounce)package cream cheese

Directions
1. Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
2. Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
3. Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
5. All done and enjoy!

Note: We added black olives as someone suggested in the comments below this recipe and served it over Spanish rice. We had two medium containers of leftovers and made wraps! DELICIOUSO!

3 comments:

Milissa Texas SuperMOM! said...

I haven't heard of that one before! I'll have to go to their site. Have you seen www.allrecipes.com? The have a search for ingrediant finder, I used that when I'm close to shopping day, and think I have nothing to make. Love it! You're so cute. I hope we get to see you guys soon. Hard with all our business and stuff.

The Saudi Sandbox said...

I LOVE that site! We have used it a lot to find recipes using ingredients we can find here easily. Haven't heard much from you...xo Jo

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I tried your recipe. We really enjoyed it. The little ones weren't thrilled. But I figured it was because it wasn't the color orange. Have you ever noticed that kids really like any food that is orange? CRAZY