Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama or McCain?

I was feeling a little conflicted this past week leading up to today. I decided all I could do was pray about it and go with my answer. I feel good about putting it in the Lord's hands. :) I know everyone's answers may be different but I wanted to share this funny experience:

So today while I was getting the kids ready to go with me to vote I asked Jaakson very casually, "Should Mommy vote for Obama or McCain?" Jaakson looked me in the eyes and after a couple seconds said, "McCain." I was just curious what he would say and didn't put much stock into it. Then a few seconds later, he said "Go McQueen!!!" OH! NOW I get it! In his 3-year old mind, he thought I was asking him to pick between something called Obama and Lightning McQueen.....of course McQueen, duh! I was telling Klint on the phone this story and how I thought he just said McCain because he thought it was the same as McQueen. So I asked Jaakson w/Klint on speakerphone, "McCain or McQueen?" Jaakson looked me in the eye again and very clearly said, "McCain." Hmmm, interesting! I didn't even tell Klint or anyone who I was voting for at this point! Coincidence?

1 comment:

Angela said...

off subject: i didn't know i was photo tagged, i shall do that now! back on subject though... That's funny that Jaakson wouldn't say McQueen the second time you asked him. He must be inspired. Watch that boy, one day he'll be an apostle! :0)