Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A poignant 3-year old's words....

This morning I was suprised to find Jaakson had emptied an entire gallon of Kikoman soy sauce from the fridge ALL over our kitchen floor......and Shae was sitting in the middle of it all. I was REALLY upset, to say the least and yelled, "GO SIT IN THE TIME-OUT CHAIR, NOW!" I was furious. I was sick of cleaning up what feels like 20+ messes a day! (That kid really tests my patience on a daily basis). So, Jaakson is wailing in time-out and Shae is tottering around in a soggy, soy sauce-saturated diaper. Lovely start of the day, right? After all is mopped up and I'm finishing in the kitchen, Jaakson comes out of time-out and in a very uncharacterstic small voice says, "I just a little kid, Mommy." It absolutely melts my heart. I give him a hug and smile. Thanks for reminding me, Jaakson.


3 comments:

Milissa Texas SuperMOM! said...

Awww, it's funny how small words can bring us to the point where we feel like dirt for saying something we thought at the time wasn't that bad. Tonight I'm there. I love you! You are a good mom.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Kids are great! It's so nice to have them around to set us straight every now and again. But I totally know what you mean when you say he tests your patience. I've got one of those, too :)

The McCarthys said...

OHH... This is so cute. You are such a sweet mom!