Friday, February 8, 2008

Gay Sundance?

Today, I received an offer to do hair for a fashion show in SLC next weekend. I rarely turn down an opportunity to be creative and gain some experience in the cosmetology department of my life. The only thing I'm hesitant about is this fashion show is called the Salt Lake Winter Pride Festival.....hmm. My client said that it's gonna be packed and said to picture it as "gay Sundance." Now, I'm not gonna go on a long tangent about this subject but basically my belief is that, while I deeply, truly love and have friends that are gay and lesbian, I feel like it's all about confusion. I also feel everyone is going to live their lives the way they decide to and I am not going to tell anyone how to live their life. But I draw the line when it comes down to ME providing support for that lifestyle. I support and love my friends regardless of their decisions but I don't support anyone's bad decisions no matter what the situation. So do I take the job or would I be supporting these people's lifestyle and decisions by doing their hair for this event?

Update: I DID do the show and had a great time! It was a great experience!

2 comments:

Oceanchild said...

I'm snooping from Monica's blog. I say do it. They are just people and I don't think that you are necessarily saying you support what the "do" by doing hair. Just my opinion. I like your blog. :)

Milissa Texas SuperMOM! said...

I think you should be comfortable where you are working. If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. If you want to then do it. Either way, when you've made your decision, you'll be happier. Love ya! ps. love your blog too!