Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ZERO tolerance....

Anyone who knows me, really knows me, knows I don't push my opinions on anyone. I have many friends and even family in which I have more things NOT in common than in common. I have friends that have told me they think I am going to Hell for my beliefs and yet we are still friends anyways. I am friends with people that have different opinions and beliefs than me. Sometimes having friends who believe differently than me, actually helps to strengthen my beliefs and opinions. And other times, I realize I need to reevaluate why I believe what I believe or why my opinions are what they are. I can and have looked past many things I don't agree with my friends on and thought no more of it...as I'm sure my friends have had to do as well.

ONE thing. There is ONE thing I cannot straight-up, look past. Until the day I die, I will NEVER agree that abortion is ok. Anyone who has ever had and truly LOVED a child would NEVER agree that abortion is not the very essence of murder. I have written a previous blog about this and I know that posting this again isn't going to change anyone's mind. If you are "on the fence," I understand. But I want to know those of you that truly think that abortion is ok and support it. I can truly accept the fact that some of my friends will disagree that abortion is murder. Something as important as agreeing to murder IS something I will not look past in my friend's opinions or beliefs. I don't and never will hate you if you believe abortion isn't murder. I won't and would never hate you if you have had an abortion. That said, I know of women who have had abortions and NOW believe it is wrong and it is murder.

Now that I am a mother and now that I understand the procedures involved in abortion, I cannot continue TRUE, close friendships that aren't based on the simple moral belief that murder, in any possible form, is WRONG and disgusting. When you get pregnant, it's YOUR consequence to deal with. The only possible exception to the rule is if you are raped. Even then, I would like to think if it were me (in reference to rape), I would have the child and put it up for adoption because I realize the unborn child didn't ASK to be the product of someone violating me but hopefully I will never be in that position. It is not for me to judge anyone. I do have the right to choose whom I call "friend."

It disrupts the balance of justice when you try to erase or sidestep the consequences of YOUR decisions. Especially when LIFE is lost as a consequence. There is a REACTION to every action in life.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I had a friend that told me about her abortion, and the regrets she feels for following through with it. I agree with you whole heartedly. Abortion is wrong...no ifs, ands, or buts about it!

Milissa Texas SuperMOM! said...

Right on! I agree with you all the way. Unfortunalty lost a friend because of my belife, but I wouldn't trade that for anyting.

The Saudi Sandbox said...

So what brought that on? (I'm guessing you won't be voting on the Democratic ticket this election...) ;) But in all seriousness, I agree that abortion is murder especially when the fetus is viable and there are so many people who would love to have a child. The abortion procedure is brutal (especially late term abortions) and should not be considered a form of birth control. I have to say that I also agree with the LDS church's counsel that in the case of rape or incest or if the life of the mother is at risk then it is up to the individual woman whether to abort the child.