Thursday, May 8, 2008

The couple that plays together, stays together.....right? ;)


Klint and I just got home from our fourth co-ed softball game in Orem and I have to say that I am SO proud of our team! We have all improved SOOO much since our first game! And I absolutely LOVE everyone. Most of us haven't played for years and even a couple of the women and one guy have NEVER played. Those that have never played are improving in leaps and bounds and look like regulars now! I, for one, haven't played regularly since 2001 and am a little rusty but am slipping back into my old groove. ;) Since I moved from St. Jorge, I never knew enough women and/or men that knew how to play and then came night school and kids. Before I knew it, I hadn't played for 6 years! It feels SO good to get out and play again. I didn't realize how much I missed it. It's even better that I get to play with Klint. We've always been a really active couple and have a lot of fun playing tennis and one-on-one basketball and etc. And we are REALLY competetive with each other but we're finally playing together and it's SOOOO fun! For example, Klint was playing first and I had a grounder at short and when I threw it to him, to beat the runner, Klint practically did VanDam splits! I was so proud! Tonight we almost beat a really good team, too. We were tied but lost by 4 cuz the last inning a guy hit a grand slam. And to give you some insight on just how much we've improved, we lost our first game because they had 20-runned us by the fourth inning. I can't wait to see how we do on our next 4 games and the tournament. Most of all, I love having an athletic husband that can play any sport and plays them well. He has such a good heart and has always been such a positive person. I've never been embarassed by Klint having bad sportsmanship or a temper.....like I've seen other men have (you can see their poor wives cringing in the stands). ;) Anyways, I posted some pics of our AWESOME, socreative t-shirts I made for our team! I used iron-on letters and numbers. I ran out of some letters so I had to print some more out on printable sheets so the size of the font varies on most of the shirts....it's pretty funny. They look like letters off of a ransom note or something....



P.S. I finally went RED!

2 comments:

Milissa Texas SuperMOM! said...

You are so cute with the not being embarressed with Klint. Really? Wives embarresed by husbands? Never ;) says the wife of a Carpenter. tee hee hee. Oh, have you read other blogspots? this one guy "the normal mormon husband" writes about church ball, and the wives who watch it. I died laughing. here's the link http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com/2008/04/behind-every-good-church-baller-theres.html I personally think I'm the chameleon. ;)

Natalie said...

You have always rocked it up in Softball, so I'm sure you showed the team how it's done, and that's the improvement!