Thursday, October 9, 2008

Girlfight?

I had a friend bring Gina Carano to my attention and I have to say, I'm impressed! I have never liked watching women's boxing or wrestling before because the women always look and act just like men so I thought it defeats the whole concept. (And the boxing/wrestling matches were always pretty boring). BUT I am now a fan of mixed martial arts/Elite XC fighting! I watched several interviews and fights with Gina Carano and she maintains her femininity in and out of the ring. Finally! A woman who represents classy, athletic WOMEN! Instead of women who seem to wish they were men. Check it out....
Note: the first video is from a movie or documentary called "Ring Girls" and it's not Gina's in the voiceover.




1 comment:

Connie said...

Finally...another woman that I can admit my LOVE of mix martial arts to. I LOVE MMA fighting. It seems like there are alot of women that think I am barbaric for watching it...whatever!! I've seen this girl fight before and she is gorgeous outside the ring and is very classy. Dylan and I don't miss a fight in the UFC...channel 51...Spike TV...Friday and Saturday nights.